Rivergate Pharmacy and Compounding Center offers many unique programs, services, and products. Our focus is on helping you, whether through traditional prescription services, compounded and natural remedies, or a personalized blend of both.
Our staff is readily available to respond to requests for advice, and our pharmacists can provide personal consultation to help make sure your medication utilization is safe, effective, and affordable.
We help our community take proactive steps toward healthier, more comfortable lives by providing outcome-oriented education, specialty products and services, and the counsel customers need for safe and effective medication use.
- Bioidentical Hormone Restoration Therapy (BHRT)
- Personalized dosage forms
- Veterinary prescriptions
- Pediatric medications
- Pain management
- Dental, autism, and others
- PCCA-trained compounding pharmacists and technicians on staff
Rivergate Pharmacy & Compounding Center is a fully licensed pharmacy using only the highest quality compounding products and ingredients available.
What is Compounding?
Compounding is the art and science of preparing customized medication that has been practiced for hundreds of years by pharmacists to meet patients’ medical needs. The practice of compounding medications decreased significantly in the 1950s when many products became available commercially. The one-size-fits-all approach of commercial products, however, resulted in some patients’ needs not being met, and thus compounding has experienced a rebirth. Pharmacists can prepare prescription medication from scratch, mixing exact amounts of active ingredients to satisfy the requirements of both patients and physicians.
What Type of Compounded Formulations Are Available at Rivergate Pharmacy?
- Sublingual Drops
Some benefits of pharmaceutical compounding:
Minimize Side Effects:
- Many side effects can be avoided. Your doctor and your compounding pharmacist are able to mix other medications to minimize these negative effects and meet your unique health needs.
- Your doctor and compounding pharmacist can work together to mix a prescription specifically for you, avoiding dyes and other possible allergens to eliminate possible allergic reactions.
Obtain Unavailable or Discontinued Medications:
- There are numerous effective drugs that are no longer commercially available because they are not profitable for the pharmaceutical companies. They may also be unavailable due to manufacturer shortages. However, many are available to your compounding pharmacist with a prescription from your doctor.
Ease Difficult Regimens:
- Some dosage forms may be difficult to swallow, especially for children and the elderly. Your compounding pharmacist can produce alternative forms like liquids, flavoring, etc. to help the medicine go down more easily.
- Pharmaceutical companies package many medications in predetermined strengths. Your compounding pharmacist can provide your prescription in customized strengths prescribed by your doctor.
- Veterinarians can work with your compounding pharmacist to produce a flavorful, treat-like medication in the right dosages for your pet, whether he's a hamster, dog or a horse. Necessary dosages for your pet are not always available commercially. It’s for this reason that zoos frequently work with compounders to meet their variety of needs.