Rivergate's Health & Wellness Blog
Supplements for After the Holidays
Our first New Year’s resolution after the holidays is to take off all the extra weight we put on from treating ourselves to holidays meals and goodies. Now we want to get back into a healthy routine and take care of ourselves.
To help shed some holiday pounds, you can also add some dietary supplements to your routine. We recommend the following:
- Diet Support with Garcinia Cambogia is a combination of an herb and a mineral specifically designed to support sensible weight management programs such as those involving consistent, moderate dietary restriction and regular exercise. Garcinia Cambogia extract comes from a tropical fruit grown in several Asian rain forest areas. Suggested use: Adults take 1 or 2 capsules, 3 times daily, 1 hour before mealtime or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Fruits & Greens Energy Drink is an easy-to-mix, great tasting, nutrient-rich superfood formula with whole food concentrates designed to provide synergistic phytonutrient nutrition. Fruits and Greens provides a super blend of 100% natural fruit and vegetable extracts, vitamins, enzymes, and symbiotic intestinal flora, and includes antioxidants, lignans, and phytonutrients.
- Crave Control supports the synthesis of the brain reward neurotransmitters (like serotonin and catecholamines) and through its effect on the natural opioids will, by virtue of inhibiting GABA, cause a significant release of dopamine at the nucleus accumbens. This constant release of possibly therapeutic amounts of dopamine, leads to proliferation of D2 receptors, thereby promoting appetite suppression and reducing overall craving in general.
- Perfect Protein Powder is an excellent choice for protein supplementation, which is essential for building and repairing muscle. Its liquid consistency provides for greater absorption of essential nutrients and amino acids. It's basic amino acid composition can be enhanced further with the addition of singular amino acids such as branch chain amino acids (BCAA), L-arginine, L-carnitine, and glutamine. Essential nutrients such as magnesium, coenzyme Q-10, ribose and multivitamin supplements also can be added to supercharge the basic amino acid composition of Perfect Protein Powder. Vegan and vegetarian approved, Perfect Protein Powder is gluten-free and contains no dairy, no soy, is hypoallergenic and non-GMO.
- Chromium Picolinate 200 mcg is a trace element supplement that contains chromium bound to picolinic acid, a highly biologically active form of this mineral. This potentiates insulin action and thus influences carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism.
- Balanced Meal Complete (not pictured) is a plant-based complete nutritional shake that contains a complete formulation of nutrients to provide for a nutritious shake or meal replacement. Balanced Meal Complete features organic fermented whole foods, five plant proteins, five organic super-grains, essential fatty acids, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and 25 fruits, berries, vegetables, and herbs. It is a high-protein, low-fat, an low glycemic means to supplement or replace a meal. Available in either chocolate or vanilla flavors.
Give us a call or stop by to speak with one of our friendly pharmacists if you have any questions. We’re happy to help you find the dietary supplement that’s right for you.